HR Professional Development Certification Opportunity in Fall 2014
–Discount for Marymount Alumni–
Marymount University will offer prep classes for the HR Certification Institute’s (HRCI) Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) certification beginning Monday, August 25, 2014, 6:30pm-9:15pm at Marymount University’s Reston Center. The classes will meet weekly through December 8.
Marymount is a among a select few providers of GPHR preparation classes in the Washington, DC area. Pramila Rao (Ph.D., GPHR), a faculty member from Marymount’s School of Business Administration, is the instructor. Dr. Rao is a leading scholar in global HR, and has many publications on the topic.
Students not seeking academic credit for the course will be charged a total of $1,100 (GPHR course and material costs).* This $1,100 GPHR fee must be paid via credit card.
*Marymount University alumni will be charged a discounted rate of $1,000 for the GPHR fee.
Eligible Marymount graduate students also may take this course (HRM 590) for academic credit, and will be charged regular tuition plus $750 for GPHR learning materials. Students pursuing this option can earn three graduate credits towards their graduate degree in Human Resource Management. The $750 GPHR fee must be paid via credit card.
There are several advantages to a GPHR certification:
- Prove your commitment to the HR profession while taking on new responsibilities locally and globally;
- Demonstrate to the international business community that you are prepared to assume HR responsibilities anywhere;
- Become recognized as a credible and respected source of information on core international HR practices.
The eligibility criteria for students to take the GPHR exam are provided below:
- Two years of demonstrated global exempt-level HR experience with a master’s degree or higher;
- Three years of demonstrated exempt-level HR experience (with two of the three being global HR experience) with a bachelor’s degree;
- Four years of demonstrated exempt-level HR experience (with two of the four being global HR experience) with less than a bachelor’s degree.
Questions about the course or qualifications? Dr. Pramila Rao, Associate Professor, Ph.D., GPHR, email@example.com (703) 284-5726
Questions about GPHR registration and payment? Jen Gurley, Marymount Reston, firstname.lastname@example.org (703) 284-5770
GPHR registration fee must be paid in full prior to the first class and is non-refundable/non-transferable.