On the heels of our first successful professional development offering in green building, Marymount University is excited to offer our next valuable credentialing opportunity in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
- Completion of this class will qualify you to sit for the Green Associate Exam.
- Also provides you with the Continuing Education credits/units noted below.
DESCRIPTION: This workshop provides essential knowledge of the LEED Rating Systems and sustainable building concepts for those seeking a better understanding of LEED or pursuing Green Building Certification Institute’s (GBCI) LEED Green Associate credential. By presenting LEED concepts at the credit category level –- across building types and rating systems –- and basics on the building certification process, this workshop provides the foundation required for any 300-level LEED education offering. Real project examples help demonstrate and reinforce learning.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key components of the LEED Rating System
- Discuss overall LEED Certification process
- Describe the intents and associated concepts of each LEED credit category
- Recognize successful LEED strategies and measurements for achieving credit category goals
- Explain regulations, recognitions and incentives related to each credit category
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Any and all industry professionals seeking to use LEED to build green or to provide services to the building industry:
• Design Professionals • Real Estate Professionals • Building Owners • Service Providers • Product Manufacturers • Government Officials • Contractors • Tenants • Educators
|AIA/CES (LU)||7 HSW/SD|
Date, Time, Location and Tuition: Thursday, December 13, 2012 at Marymount University Reston Center, from 8:30am until 5pm. Light lunch provided.
USGBC Members: Early (Before 5pm Nov 28) $245, Late $275 NO REFUNDS
Non-members: Early (Before 5pm Nov 28) $295, Late $345 NO REFUNDS
To Register: Download Registration Form (PDF)
Questions?: email@example.com or (703) 284-5770